Many people are now becoming health conscious because of the various diseases and complications brought by stress, pollution and other harmful elements. Many flock the gym to keep their body fit and follow strict diets to help stay in shape. However, not everyone can go to the gym and do their routine. So, what can they do?
Fortunately, fitness trackers are now becoming very popular and they double up as a gym coach and a great way to tell the time and check your phone notifications. For this article, we will be looking at two very different fitness trackers who claim that they are the best ones to buy.
Fitbit Charge 3
Score: 3.5 out of 5
Fitbit Charge 3 is an updated version of one of Fitbit best-selling smartwatches, Fitbit Charge 2. The smartwatch matches its older brother, the Fitbit Versa, in terms of its wide variety of features. It is very slim to look at and can be customized to match any preference.
- Touchscreen display made from Gorilla Glass 3
- Interchangeable clock faces and wrist bands
- Automatic sync to computers, Android, iOS and Windows smartphones
- 24/7 heart rate tracker
- All-day calorie burn tracker
- 7-day battery life
- Fitbit Pay-ready for contactless payments
- Comes with guided breathing sessions which can be personalized
- Comes with 15 exercise modes and records real-time stats viewed in its App.
- It can automatically detect exercise and show user progress in the App.
- Sleep tracking and analysis
- Swimproof by up to 50 metres.
- It shows phone notifications and apps, with quick replies available for Android users.
- Can be connected with your phone’s GPS for real-time paces and distances.
- It can record female health such as ovulation and periods
- All data and insights can be viewed through the smartphone’s app.
The Fitbit Charge 3 is the smartwatch/fitness tracker to get if you want something that is not too cumbersome to use. It can be personalized depending on what kind of fitness level the user has and style preferences they have. It is also a cheaper option to buy if you want a smartwatch that can track your heart rate, sleep and exercise automatically. If you do not have the time to go to the gym, the system does have its very own exercise and breathing guide. Contactless payment is also a big plus with the Fitbit Charge and its 7-day battery life.
Meanwhile, there are several problems that you may experience when you get one. The sync feature can be inaccurate at times because the connection is not very stable. The rates can get inaccurate when you look at the smartwatch and the phone’s records. The clock faces are also not very easy to modify and does not display the correct notifications properly. There are also reports that the software used for the system tends to lag a lot, especially after it has been updated.
Xiaomi Mi Smart Band 4
Score: 4.5 out of 5
The Mi Smart Band 4 it is an update to the Smart Band 3. It has a wider and brighter screen and can track basic exercise modes. It also offers idle alerts, sleep and heart-rate monitoring which can last up to 20 days in a full charge.
- Full color AMOLED touch display
- Does offer mobile notifications and control music remotely.
- Can detect activity for 6 workout modes: treadmill, exercise, outdoor running, cycling, walking and swimming
- Can also detect steps, distance and calories
- Water resistant up to 5 meters
- Comes with sleep and heart rate monitoring that is analyzed at the Mi Fit app
- Can send idle alerts to remind users to move
- Can stay on for 20 days in a full charge of its 135 mAh battery.
- Available in English or Chinese.
The Mi Smart Band 4 is a great fitness smartwatch to buy if you are on a budget. It has a larger and colorful display that clearly shows all the details you need. The display can be personalized to fit personality as the watch comes with an online site where you can get faces installed in the watch. There’s even an option that allows users to customize the watch faces. It is also capable of connecting and controlling music without requiring third-party apps to do so. With regards to its monitoring capacity, it does offer an easy-to-understand reading and can be personalized through the app. It also alerts users through vibration and it comes with a long battery life.
However, the smartwatch does have a few drawbacks when you purchase it. Although it has available accessories, it can be difficult to remove the main system from the band. This also makes it difficult to charge up. Some complain about the band being a bit cheap and some parts are not properly aligned to one another. Moving across the programs and apps through the tracker also takes time to get used to and it does not respond very fast. Records are also inaccurate and there are times it cuts off. There are also reports that it does not track sleep or detect heart rate. Connectivity issues have also been reported for some devices, especially those running with updated Android software. Those who purchased the smartwatch also warn other users that the device may have support issues in English since they were given a Chinese model.
Which one to buy?
Smartwatches that also double as fitness trackers do have a lot of appeal for many who wish to stay fit despite their lifestyles. Both of these smartwatches we reviewed both have the features needed for a fitness tracker that won’t dent your budget too much.
If you want something that is tried and tested, the Fitbit Charge 3 is the one to get. It also has features like contactless payments and 15 exercise modes that the Mi Smart Band does not have.
However, if you want something that is cheap but can still help you monitor your movements, the Mi Smart Band 4 is the one to buy.