Smartwatches are now becoming very popular thanks to the changing technology of smartphones. Aside from telling users what time it is, it can also notify them when there's something new on their phone. From calls, texts to social media notifications, it will be displayed in the watch. You can even get assistant by Siri, Google Assistant or Alexa and track your health-stats like steps, BPM, exercise and sleep.
Smartwatches come in a variety of styles and features like normal watches. Considering its popularity, which smartphone should you buy?
Down below is our top 5 best smartwatch list and why you should consider buying them:
First on our list of the best smartwatch ranking is the Apple Watch Series 4. This is the latest Apple watch and can come with a GPS system or a GPS + Cellular coverage. The company expressed that they have redesigned the watch to help users become more active, connected and healthy.
Here are the key features of the Apple Watch Series 4:
- It comes with an electric heart sensor and notifies users if they have a low or high heart rate or irregular rhythm
- The watch also has fall detection and emergency SOS in case the user gets into an accident
- It also detects workouts automatically, assisting users to monitor their progress through its activity tracker
- Those with GPS+ Cellular coverage can do calls through their watch even if their phone is far away
- It is water resistant up to 50 meters and has a battery life of 18 hours
Many users have praised the Apple Watch Series 4 for the features it has. Many say that the large display is bright and vivid, allowing them to read messages and browse photos easily. It is also very easy to connect to an iPhone and Bluetooth earphones for music. The health sensors are also a big plus to some users because it is very accurate and offers regular reminders. Sometimes, one user reports, it will pick up even the slightest change in one's pulse.
Those who purchased a Series 4 with Cellular capacity said that the calls are very clear and there is no interference. They also report that their recipients don't even realize they are using a watch to call to them. They can also send texts and receive them quickly without delays. Many have also commented on how well the battery life is for this model as compared to other Apple watch models. They say a full battery can last up to 24 hours, which is longer than what is published.
However, there are some drawbacks, according to some users. Some users report that the watch does not fully synchronise with their phones. As a result, users have missed a lot of important notifications. Some also reported that the touch screen is not very sensitive, causing them to have problems using the watch. There are also those who say that the device locked them out from using the watch.
Those hoping to get the Cellular-capable model will need to check with their network providers if the watch will work for them. Some users who have the model report that it does not connect to their selected provider. The ECG feature of the watch, for some users, is not effective. One user said that the pulse monitor was inaccurate when double checked with another smartwatch. Users also caution that interested buyers should buy in accredited stores. Some reported that the item they received are used, while others, it is missing.
The Samsung Galaxy SmartWatch is Samsung's interpretation of what a smartwatch is all about. The company designed the watch to help users connect to the world. It can match any lifestyle and help users express themselves.
Here are the key features of the Samsung Galaxy Watch:
- It comes with customizable watch face and hands, as well as a ticking sound to give the feeling of a real watch
- It comes in two models: Bluetooth capable and LTE model, which turns it to a mini-phone
- The sAMOLED display will show the watch at all times just like a real watch
- The watch also doubles as a music player, which can be connected to wireless earphones
- It boasts a long battery life, which can last for days even with heavy use
- The Galaxy Watch also comes with a personal trainer and health monitor so users can track their progress. It is also connected to a daily assistant so they are guided on what they need to do for the day
- It comes with a GPS and 5 ATM water resistant capabilities
- It can also be connected with Samsung Pay to let users pay without taking out their phone or wallet
- It can also be connected to other Samsung or smart devices thanks to its Home IoT function
Many users have expressed their love for the Samsung Galaxy Watch and listed some of their favorite features. Many loved the fact that it is well-built and does not really look different from a regular watch. It is also very pretty and can be customized to fit any style. It is also pretty durable, making it perfect for any activity.
Aside from its design and durability, its features are also one-of-a-kind for many users. The Samsung Health app, in particular, got a lot of positive reviews from users. They say that it collects data in one app and it is very easy to interpret. It even includes sleep data. Users also love the fact it is capable it can be used for Samsung Pay, allowing them to pay for stuff even without their wallet. Some also love the fact they can stream music through the watch. The battery is also very good and many users say it will last up to 3 days before it needs to be recharged.
But, there are some points that you may need to consider if you plan to get this smartwatch. Some users report that the software used for the watch is slow and sometimes unresponsive. They also commented that there are a lot of unnecessary animations in the watch, which adds to the unresponsiveness of the watch. There are also uses who say that the heart rate and steps monitor is not accurate. It has to be calibrated before it is used. Others also commented that it is hard to read the notifications since they are too small to select.
It is also missing a few controls to make it easier to use. One user said that you cannot type using hand-drawn characters like those in Apple Watch. There are also problems using the messages app because of Bluetooth problems. Some also reported they could not connect their Bluetooth headphones with the watch. There are also those who say that the apps available for the watch are not very good.
Looking for a smartwatch that works well with Google apps and has a long battery life? The TicWatch Pro offers a layered display technology that enables users to select between performance and smart mode.
Here are the key features of the TicWatch Pro:
- It uses Google Wear OS, allowing users to use Google Apps with no problems at all.
- It comes with an updated Google Fit app to help users check their fitness routines.
- Users can also pay with this watch thanks to Google Pay.
- It has a layered display that allows the watch to run continuously for 30 days on one single charge.
- It is designed with premium materials, including carbon fiber and high strength nylon to make sure it is tough and durable.
- It has a IP68 water and dust proof rating, allowing users to use it at any condition.
- It uses genuine Italian leather to hold the watch together, giving it an extra style. It is also breathable and sweat resistant.
- Users can switch the watch faces based on their preference. Almost 1000+ watch faces are available on Google Play.
There are many positive reviews for the TicWatch Pro that potential buyers would definitely love. Many users love the fact this watch feels and looks like a regular watch. They say it is very stylish and that they could change the watch faces to match their needs. The screen is also responsive and it is not hard to read from. No matter where you are, the display will adjust the brightness to make it easy to read.
Many also love the fact that the software is very easy to manage and it works perfectly. Even Google Pay works flawlessly through the watch. The fitness apps included in the watch are also very good, with some saying that it can compete with Fitbit's watches. Users also reported the lack of lag for this watch, which is perfect for a variety of functions. Battery life is also outstanding as users report that it does not drain too fast even with constant use and fiddling.
However, there are some drawbacks with this watch that some users warn those interested in getting the watch. Users warn potential buyers that the watch will not work until they give the app every permission it needs. If any of the permissions are removed, the watch will stop working.
Some users also reported that their watches stopped working even if they tried to charge it. If it did charge, they say that it will restart ever so often or lag completely. There are also those who said that it won't charge at all even if you changed the plugs. The accuracy of the watch is also affected if it lags, including its fitness tracker. Connections also tend to fluctuate as well, making it even harder to track one's progress. Customer service is also unreliable as some users report that they take a while to reply. Others even say that they won't even sort out refunds or replacements even if the reason is warranted.
Huawei Watch W2 is a watch "made for free spirits." It can double as a mobile phone, a fitness coach and a regular watch in one smartwatch. The company used a variety of techniques to ensure that the watch matches any style.
Here are the key features of the Huawei Smartwatch
- It is made with ceramic bezel which guarantees that it is resistant to all types of abrasions and still remain lightweight.
- The watch straps and faces can be changed to match the user's style and needs.
- It is IP68-rated water and dust proof to ensure it works even when under the elements.
- It can connect to 4G networks and has both GPS and an integrated antenna to help users stay connected while on the go.
- It comes with fitness applications such as heart rate monitor, real-time guidance and GPS mapping, offline music and workout data to keep users motivated.
- It comes with a variety of apps to enable users to use their favorite apps even without a phone.
- It has a long battery life, especially when it is in Watch Mode.
- The watch can also be used for NFC mobile payments.
Many users of the Huawei Watch W2 found a lot of pros with this smartwatch. First, many loved the sleek design of the updated Huawei smartwatch. They also commented on how well the watch is made thanks to its high quality material. The screen is also very sharp and displays every detail. It is also very easy to control thanks to the responsive buttons on the side of the screen.
When it comes to its functions and apps, users say it is a big improvement from the first version of the watch. The sports function of the watch, for example, will tell you to move if it senses if you are idle. Calls and texts are also very easy to do with this watch, as well as use the apps from the Google Play Store. As far as the battery is concerned, users are very happy it comes with three battery modes to prolong its battery life. Charging is also quick thanks to the charger that is included in the set.
On the other hand, however, there are some issues with this Huawei smartwatch that future buyers need to consider. Some report that the straps of this watch are made from cheap materials. The watch is also prone to hardware failure as some users report it only worked without flaws in one month or less. There are also complaints that it will not charge completely when you take it out of the box. Connections are also unstable for this watch as some report it won't even respond to syncs and there are delays. Sometimes, the apps even fail to open on its own no matter how many times it is restarted. Battery life is also a hit and miss for some users as they noticed it drains faster than other watches.
Users who tried to get a replacement or repair for their watches report it is difficult to do so. Some even report that the company does not have an official repair center to assist.
Want to live an active life with a smartwatch that can help you on the move? The Fitbit Versa promises to help you track your fitness progress without needing to charge it every day.
Here are some of the key features of the Fitbit Versa
- It is NFC-capable, allowing contactless payments.
- Users can personalize the screen to adjust to their workouts.
- It can also be connected to Deezer so users can play their favorite tracks during their workouts.
- It has an all-day activity tracker which tracks steps, heart rate, calories and stationary time.
- It is water resistant up to 50M and automatically detects swimming activity.
- It has GPS to offer real-time distance and paces.
- It has 15+ exercise modes with a post-workout summary that can be browsed through the Fitbit App.
- It can sync wirelessly to almost all computers.
- It has a Fitbit Dashboard where users can check their progress and other key reports taken from their smartphones.
Many users shared their love for the Fitbit Versa, which you can consider if you plan to get one. Many love the fact that it is very lightweight and everything is very clear. It is also easy to personalize the watch to fit any style. It is also very durable, making it perfect for fitness activities. The fitness trackers are also very accurate even if one does not use GPS with it. Some even report that the fitness programs included in the watch helped them lose weight.
Many also shared that it has a long battery life despite all the features constantly running while it is on. Users also say texts can be read easily with its screen, as well as answer calls. Others also love the fact that it has a lot of other apps to help users track various activities. The reports found in the Fitbit app are also a big plus. It is also very cheap in comparison to other Android watches.
However, there are some cons that potential buyers need to consider before getting this watch. First, some users warn buyers that the software updates can cause the watch to malfunction. One users reported that their watch failed to open after they updated their watches. There are also users who report that their watches do not sync properly and kept having glitches.
There are also users who report that the Customer service is also poor according to some users. They report that the sleep function does not accurately tell the data. There are even times the step count will move even if the user is not moving. Some users also reported that the waterproof designation for this watch is not true. They said that their watches became inoperable after getting wet. When they reached out to the company, users said the agents kept taking them in circles before they agreed to replace the device. Replacements even take a lot of time to reach users who requested for one.
The Bottom Line:
Smartwatches are the way to go if you do not want to always keep looking at your phone for every notification you get. With these five, you not only get to check call and text notifications, you can also track your activities easily. Happy shopping!